Health Insurance Products
- Alliance SelectSM-One of the nation's largest preferred provider organizations(PPO) with more than a half-million people enrolled. For groups or individuals.
- Classic BlueÂ®-A managed indemnity plan offered to individuals, families and employer groups.
- Classic BlueÂ® Core Care-A catastrophic coverage product for groups with 2-50 employees.
- Basic and Standard-Plans provide fundamental hospital, surgical and medical coverage. Offered to individuals/families and small groups.
- Short-Term Major Medical-Available to individuals for up to two, six-month terms.
- Senior BlueÂ®-Medicare Supplement plans for individuals 65 and older.
Managed Care Products-Wellmark Health Plan of Iowa, Inc.
- Blue AccessSM-An open access plan offered to groups that allows patients to see any provider in the network, but does not provide benefits for care received outside the network.
- BlueAdvantageÂ®-A primary care model health plan offered to groups. Benefits are allowed only when the Primary Care Physician is used.
- BlueChoiceÂ®-A point of service plan offered to groups with three benefit levels.
Worldwide Health Care
- BlueCardÂ®-A Wellmark ID card is recognized and accepted by participating Blue Cross and Blue Shield hospitals and physicians throughout the nation and around the world.
Related Health and Ancillary Products and Services
- Blue RxSM
- Vision care (through an independent company)
- Life (through an independent company)
- Flexible benefits administration
Wellmark Companies and Affiliates
- Wellmark, Inc., doing business as Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa.
- Wellmark of South Dakota, Inc., doing business as Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Dakota.
- Wellmark Health Plan of Iowa, Inc.
- Wellmark Community Insurance, Inc.
- The Wellmark Foundation